Re: [T3] valve cover gasket glued

On 4 May 2002, at 16:53, SIR.LANCE . wrote:

> jim wrote "NEVER glue the gasket to the head"
>
> why not jim?
>
> i have done this the last 2 oil changes with my car...and they haven't
> leaked yet.....

Because it can make it almost impossible to get the valve cover off the car
the next time. I run into this on rare occasions and always CURSE the last
person in there who though this would be a good idea. It also makes it
impossible to reuse the gaskets, while normally good ones can be reused
several times.

It's also a good idea to keep the sealing surface of the head really clean so it
seals well. Once you get some glue, etc on there, it's really hard to clean off.