Re: [T3] What's The Catch?

On 5 May 2002, at 19:28, joemevans wrote:

> Now how do I lift up the rear seat bottam to disconect the battery. It seems
> to be hinged in the front and have some kind of catch at the back but I
> cannot find how  to release it.

There should be a clear plastic strap coming up out of the center rear of the
seat bottom. Pull up on this while you grab the back of the seat bottom and
pull up.

If this strap isn't there, you can find the slit in the seam where it came thru
and try to dig in there and find the release to pull up on. This can be really
hard to do if you don't have a good late square to look at.

Only 72-3 (and a few late 71s) got this release.