Re: [T3] 009 dizzy

On 7 May 2002, at 12:09, Ken Simons wrote:

> Mine seems to work fine, but could it be better? I
> should mention that it is on my '69 Square. 1600, Dual
> Solex 32's. So, I know its not original. Is that the
> best for such a Bastardized motor?

One of the best distributors you could find would be an original 68-9 type 3 FI
L dist. The later ones will also work well, but some have just a little less
advance. I don't think you will be able to use the vacuum advance part with
most carb setups, however it might work just great with the Solexs.

Somebody who knows Solexs should help me out here. Do they have an
advance drilling that gives vac only on cruising? That's what this dist needs.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054