RE: Fuel Injector Question...very long

On 7 May 2002, at 12:04, Jim Adney wrote:

> > I had taken my car to my Mechanic/Friend specifically because he had a 72, but
> > he sold it before trying the pressure sensor, Doh! Anyone in the Columbus,
> > Ohio area?  I am probably going to the Michigan Show on the 19th, maybe I can
> > pick up one there.
>
> I'll try to get you the numbers to look for.

The correct PS for your car is:

VW # 311 906 051E
Bosch # 0 280 100 116

Depending on where it was originally sold it may have one or both of these
numbers on it. If either number appears then this is the right part.

This one will have a black plastic tamper resistant cap on the rear end, but
not all such PSs are for type 3s.