RE: [T3] Re: Mail Filter

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Sorry, off topic..

CATFIGHT!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Erkson, Toby [mailto:toby.erkson@intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 2:31 PM
To: Type 3 Mailing List
Subject: RE: [T3] Re: Mail Filter

Though very valid technology points, the fact that it's NOT web-based (like
a forum) means a lot less noise from trolls, spammers and other idiots.  The
inability to have HTML keeps messages visually clean and reduces virus
attacks.  No images means people with modems can actually get their messages
downloaded quickly.  Reducing extended quotes makes searching MUCH quicker
with less noise (this is true for any text technology).  Email is easier for
me to download into my PDA (a HandSpring in this case) than a web page.  In
actuality, this "old" technology works extremely well for our purposes!

As for the [T3] part, yes, it does get added to the original message.
Should someone reply to a message and remove it -- or not add it if it's not
there -- they system 'recognizes' the message and doesn't add the tag
because (it thinks) it's not necessary since the original message would've
had one.  And Greg has tried to do a fix on this 'bug' but without success.

For email I recommend people simply pay attention -- it's really that
frickin' easy!  Reply ONLY to the list and NOT THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR unless
they tell you to (I'm not the only person who does not like getting
duplicate mail).  Remove text that isn't necessary.  And make sure the
subject line reflects the subject at hand and includes the [T3] in it; add
it yourself if it's not there, very easy!

Very simple stuff, volks.  Maybe only us anal personalities actually get it
;)

  Toby "in a bitchy mood" Erkson
  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
  '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chip, Jamex suspension, 2.25" MagnaFlow
  Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/

they're posted somewhere on the web.

</x-charset>