Re: [T3] wiper sprayer not working

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> On 8 May 2002, at 18:05, Everett Barnes wrote:
> > I couldn't figure out how to remove/replace the valve, is that possible?
> Jim Adney said:
> It's a standard Schraeder valve. A standard valve core tool will remove
the old
> core and install a new/used one.

Your comments got me thinking so I swapped out the valve for another one I
had laying around.  No go.

I was examining my '63 washer bottle where the valve is in the cap and I see
there is a little hole in the bottom of the assembly the valve screws into.
It occurred to me it was possible something was blocking that little hole so
I pulled the valve completely out.  Tried to pressurize it, I still could
barely move the bike pump.  I stuck a needle down in there and poked around,
blew it out, tried the pump again, and heard the sweet sound of bubbling.
It must have been plugged with crud from non-usage.

I fully pressurized it and it works!  I had to clear out the sprayer a few
times too as various dirt particles were flushed out.

Success feels good,
Everett Barnes
'67 Squareback
everettb@thesamba.com