[T3] RE: Fuel Injector Question...Distributor Removal...very long

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It sounds like your mech advance may be seized up.
 I rebuild these for $55 including return shipping. I'm a little backed up
right now, but I can slip you ahead of some others which are not daily
drivers. A non-working mech advance will really make the engine run poorly,
but I have to wonder what kind of mechanic would not notice this right away
when doing a tuneup.

Jim,
 I am in no hurry, this is not my daily driver (wish it were :). Is there
any way for a layman to get this unseized?  If not, let me know when a good
time for you is and I will send you my Dist for the rebuild.  Thank you very
much for you advice and time, and for the offer to let me cut in line. (Does
that rhyme?)
As for the mechanics, I don't know what to tell you she's been to two
without any progress. A tune up seems to be the last thing they want to do,
it is more like lets replace an injector they are more expensive.  Oh well,
luckily I have this list!
I took the FB out again today after work with the Air Temp Sensor
disconnected and it drove like a dream.  It is nice to be back on the road,
even if everything is not in perfect working order.
Thanks,
Jason. Smith
'72 Fastback
'97 Jetta