Re: [T3] wiper sprayer

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>install a cheap aftermarket electric pump, and a switch somewhere or if
your
>like me a microswitch grafted into the wiper lever to work as the original.

This is pretty funny.  I went to my FLAPS and was looking for something to
jerry rig my sprayer.  I did find a clip on tire valve and then connected a
1/4 nozzle to connect to the hose, then to the sprayer bottle.  I was all
geeked up, I connected it and got pressure but nothing from the sprayer.
The valve is completeley clogged or jammed.  Damn!  I worked on it for quite
sometime but could not get it to let air into the bottle.
.....Hey what's that black box behind the sprayer bottle? ....Hmm IN, OUT,
what are those hoses for...?
 ....Well looks like the PO already rigged up an electric pump, that I had
not noticed!  I looked for the wires, connected them at the fuse box and lo
an behold I have CLEAN windows.  Then, I just connected it to my rear
defroster switch (since I have yet to fix the lines that defrost)  and I can
switch the sprayer on, just like that!  Only thing is the electric pump is
so powerful, I practically miss the windshield when I turn it on.  Hey its
the little things.  See ya.

Jason Smith
'72 Fastback
'97 Jetta