Re: [T3] alt conversion/ brighter lights

<x-flowed>

SIR.LANCE . wrote:

because i used the stock RX7 pulley, witch is a LOT smaller diameter than the type 3 pulley, the alt spins faster and puts out 14 volts at idle..

The speed the alternator spins doesnt matter. The regulator regulates the voltage. If it didnt, you would see more than 20v from your alternator. On watercooled VWs/other cars with Bosch alternators, the stock regulator is 13.8v, but both 14.2v and 14.6v regulators are available.

Another question, how do you tighten the belt when using the stock Mazda pulley? I have a Daihatsu alternator for my 73, but I dont know how to tighten the belt yet. Maybe I have to use shims of some kind, under the alternator?

PerL
73 Variant L