[T3] RE: Re: [T3] Starter Motor Bush

Hi Volks,

I have used a 12mm tap on the 12 volt bushings, it works great.  The thread pitch doesn't matter, (probably better to stick with a thread pitch that matches existing bolts though), as long as the pitch of the tap and the bolt match.  Not sure what a 6 volt size might be, but should be easy to measure the starter input shaft for size, just use the next size larger, (mm or inch).  Just don't go too large.  12 and 6 volt might even be the same size, (Russ, Jim, Keith)? Don't forget to clean up the brass chips.  Good Luck Simon.

Cheers,

John La Francois
'65 Notch S (Nubb)
'67 Beetle (Bubb)