[T3] Vacuum distributor installed

<x-charset iso-8859-1>A while back I found the correct 311 905 205G vacuum-advance distributor
at my local junkyard for my '67 Squareback.  This weekend I swapped out
the 009 and reset the timing/idle/etc. to factory specs (7.5 BTDC with the
vacuum hose off).  I was a little worried because when I sucked on the hose
with my mouth, the vacuum advance didn't always fully return to it's starting
position but I guess since the distributor is advanced a bit at idle (hose
connected), that is not a concern...

I didn't really think my Squareback drove badly with the 009 but the vacuum-advance
distributor drives much better.  More power at low rpms, more acceleration
on the highway, less pedal to achieve my normal 55-65 highway cruise to
work, and in a short max speed test on the freeway, I hit 91 mph before
I caught up with someone else and had to back off.  My previous top speed
on this same stretch was the owner's manual stated 86 mph.

"I recommend it highly".

Yey,
Everett Barnes
'67 Squareback - stock