Re: [T3] New Arrival

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>> I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the full red interior
was an option only during part of the '66 model year, as far as I know.
There was also a brown option which I don't think I've ever even seen  a
picture of. Both of these colours had fancy names in the brochures and
catalogues that I can't remember off-hand.

Teak =  Brown
Pigalle = Red

I noticed when I was looking something up in my parts book this weekend that
the pigalle and teak steering column pieces have dates of 8/65 - 12/65 next
to them.  Someone mentioned in the past these colors were "6 months only".
I guess they were 5 months only.

> Does anyone know whether these red and brown interiors on Type3s and
Type34s had a VW M-Option code or were they just part of the colour
combinations options list?

I don't see it in the M-code listings.

I haven't seen it in the 1966 Colors brochure on my site but that is a USA
brochure and I don't think the special color combos were available in the
USA.  Every car that I have seen in the USA that had the all-red combination
was originally from Canada.

Everett
everettb@thesamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com