Re: [T3] Old VW Radios !!

On 14 May 2002, at 8:31, Jim Adney wrote:

> I think there were at least 2 possibilities: Blaupunkt and possibly Becker. I
> have a Blaupunkt brochure from around 68 which shows their version, but I can't
> remember the name. Yours is either dealer installed or aftermarket. I've never
> actually seen one.

My 68 Blaupunkt brochure shows 2 models:

The Derby, 4 band (AM/FM/SW/Marine Band)

and the American, a 3 band(AM/FM/Weather Band)

I can't tell if they would slip into the same sleeve or not. It appears that each
of them were generally sold alone, as portable radios, and the car mount was
an accessory. I considered buying one of these in 68, but decided against it
because I figured they would be too easy to steal. I bought a Frankfort US
instead and have never been sorry. Still, I'd love to see a complete working
Derby setup.