Re: [T3] Vacuum distributor installed

On 14 May 2002, at 11:58, Everett Barnes wrote:

> A while back I found the correct 311 905 205G vacuum-advance distributor
> at my local junkyard for my '67 Squareback.  This weekend I swapped out
> the 009 and reset the timing/idle/etc. to factory specs (7.5 BTDC with the
> vacuum hose off).  I was a little worried because when I sucked on the hose with
> my mouth, the vacuum advance didn't always fully return to it's starting
> position but I guess since the distributor is advanced a bit at idle (hose
> connected), that is not a concern...

Glad you found this and that it made such a nice difference. You really want
to make sure that the advance returns freely, smoothly, and completely. If it
is not completely returned when you set the timing, then the full advance
available will be reduced by this amount. It can make a difference, plus it will
only get worse if it is not fixed now.