Re: [T3] Minor snag I hope

On 16 May 2002, at 18:42, joemevans wrote:

> I finished getting my used motor into my fasty yesterday and finished hooking
> up the wires today and realized that I havent done up the torque converter
> bolts. I climbed under to do that and notices it is realy realy tight
> squease. so I decided to check my other case (the one that was bolted up to
> the auto trans in the first place. Lo and Behold it has a cutout to get the
> bolts into the torque converter. so is that the only differance between the
> auto trans case and the manual trans case?

As long as this case is a type 3 MT case, that will be the only difference you
will find.

I think you will need to grind away some of the MT case to get the the bolts
in there. Don't be tempted to shorten the bolts. They need that length to
keep from coming loose. You don't need to remove nearly as much material
as is gone from the AT case, but I think you'll need to remove some.