Re: [T3] Heater Channel Question

On 18 May 2002, at 18:21, craig.webb wrote:

> Today I ground off my outer sill in-between the door pillars to replace it. No
> problems there.  However, once the offending article was removed, I was greeted
> by a strange sight.  I was expecting to find a single internal tube inside that
> carries the hot air, but I appear to have two tubes within each other.  The
> outer tube has gone rusty toward the bottom, I've levered this from the bottom
> and bent it up, exposing the still solid other tube behind.

It's a real labyrinth in there. I suggest that you run some kind of flexible tube
down there from the heat inlet tube under the back seat, just to MAKE
SURE that you understand which channel is actually carrying the hot air.

Keep in mind also that this is a VERY IMPORTANT structural part of the car.
I suspect that there are some "extra" layers of metal in there to add stiffness
to the finished pan.