Re: [T3] Carbs Questions

<x-charset Windows-1252>Just a couple more questions for you stock carbed T3ers:
My younger carbs have a brass tube that dips down from the top cover into
the float bowl. This connects to a tube that exits into the throat of the
carb, near the accelerator pump nozzle. Accordinfg to one of my manuals,
this is the Power Fuel Jet for additional enrichment at extreme speed/load.
The older pair of carbs have the drilling in the lid for the tube into the
float bowl but no tube, and no drilling for the exit jet into the throat. In
the same manual it also says that at extreme operating conditions extra fuel
is sucked from the accelerator pump nozzle. So the question is should I
worry about not having this extra jet? and why isn't it there?

I'm also wondering what the collective wisdom has to say about lubricating
the carbs- in particular the choke shaft and the throttle lifting shaft
coming out of the choke body. I want to grease these but am worried that
grease will just collect dirt and, like the PTFE liners in the throttle
bodies, wear the shaft and journal prematurely. Oh and what about the vacuum
piston in the choke mechy? I was thinking of dusting in there with some
graphite powder. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Well I've ordered my 10mm reamer and bushes so hopefully, barring f**k ups I
should have newly rebuilt carbs on my car next weekend. Can't wait!

</x-charset>