[T3] Invasion: Washington volks

<x-charset iso-8859-1>This is for those in Washington planning on linking up with the Oregon
caravan.

Next week I will be driving my Jetta to Denver for a friend's wedding.  I
will be recording time and distance between points both to and from Oregon &
Idaho.  I will post my notes after my trip home (after June 5).  Granted, I
will be zipping along so Jetta time won't reflect stock T3 time but it will
give a minimum time boundary of sorts.

I've talked with our local Type 3 club here in Portland.  We want to leave
in the morning, between 8 & 10 (tentative), allowing up plenty of time to
make the journey in one day which I'm estimating to be around 8 hours (Bri,
you've done this trip, what are your thoughts?).  We would like to meet up
with the WA volks but the timing will, of course, need to be reasonable.
Again, once I can get more solid distance and time figures it will help in
the planning.  I don't see anyone in charge for WA on the Invasion site so
I'm assuming it is a loosely organized group.

The VW's should be able to go 65mph all day long (the route is not entirely
55mph).  Those who must stay below 60mph have a problem and shouldn't be
driving, plain and simple.  But the more cars we have the more resources are
available in case something bad should happen.  Plus, it's just really neat
to see so many similar cars traveling along together!

  Toby Erkson
  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
  '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chip, Jamex suspension, 2.25" MagnaFlow
  Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/