Re: [T3] Fuel Filters and Breather Filters

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 21:57, Jim Adney wrote:

> The Bosch FI fuel filter is a grey rectangular plastic one. I have
> seen copies in white. The fuel in there is unpressurized, so you
> can really use almost anything, but it needs to be able to carry a
> fair amount of flow, since the FI fuel system flows a lot more fuel
> than it actually uses, thus the flow is greater than in most carbed
> engines.

The square Bosch filter actually has less surface area to the paper
filter element than most modern domestic filters of the same approx.
size. I have torn a lot of filters apart. All that really matters unless
you are a purist, is the fitting size and dirt capacity, on a filter on
the suction side.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT (It drove)