Re: [T3] 5/26 Sacramento bug-o-rama

<x-flowed>> Who's planning on going to the Sacramento Bug-o-rama this Sunday,
May 26?  Do folks want to meet up at the show?

http://www.bugorama.com/Schedule.html

I believe my flyer, which has the show pricing, indicates separate
prices/categories for "show entrance" and "trophy class", or something
like that.  Does anybody know the difference?  I hear that the swap tends
to be bigger/better than the show (if you can compare apples to oranges).

Yup, I'll be there. But I won't be entering my square as it's currently in a few thousand pieces in my garage. . .look for the ink blue metallic pearl with ghost flames '69 Paneled Square next year though (I hope).

The swap meet is excellent, and has been getting bigger each and every time the Bug-O-Rama is held. Just make sure to get there early for the good deals as the good items go VERY quickly.

There's actually two shows you can enter, but the cars are all intermingled, not set out per category as a lot of shows do. One is judged by judges, the other is done by the general populous. For the judged one there's a plethora of classes, but only one for T3's I believe. As well, there is only one class overall for the general populous entry, but at least you get to have your car in with the rest of the show cars, and a chance at a magazine shot. Last September there was quite a nice turn out of T3's, 1 or 2 notches and a few squares, no fastbacks if memory serves me correctly. Get there when gates open if you want a good spot in the judging area, otherwise they may turn you away, but I doubt it as the guys that put it on are incredibly cool (and also operate a top-notch VW store here in Sac, I won't drop names though *cough, Bugformance, cough*)

But the main attraction is of course the drags. They go all day, and they're always exciting. Burnouts, dropped trannies and new records. I hear that VW Paradise is gonna try and break their record in the 1/4 mile of 6.70 secs @ 202.24 mph as Sac raceway is known for it's high speeds.

Sorry this is long, but I'm really excited for this spring's show,

Kris Kuckowicz
'69 Paneled Square (Joan)