RE: [T3 ] More FI questions

>1) TIMING!  make sure your 72 has BOTH good advance/retard mechanisms
working AND that the mechanical advance
>working and time per Bentley. Jim A has harped on the 72 timing issue as
critical before and I believe they hesitate when
>not right.

Hopefully, I am doing this right.  I have checked double checked and triple
checked that this is correct, following bentley to a 'T'.  I swear I have
done it 20 times.  I also checked the vacuum and mechanical advance and they
seem good.  However, as Jim mentioned the mechanical advance could be
sticking when cold, if there is a lot of build up in there.  I may need to
have it cleaned or rebuilt.

>2)  Throttle switch... afterall, it IS your electronic version of an
accelerator pump. pop the cover off, CAREFULLY clean the
>contacts with a Q tip and alcohol and examine it carefully... there is a
full throttle switch contact and an idle switch contact >that are operated
by little plastic pins,,, those pins can break, so if you have a switch
contact in there that never seems to
>open if closed or vice-versa the pin that is supposed to do so is probably
broken off.  THEN adjust per Bentley.

Hey Maybe I am getting the hang of this?  This was my next project, removing
the TVS and cleaning it.  I noticed that mine was very grimy and thought it
could not hurt.  Plus, when I was interchanging the Pressure Sensors I
noticed, with the temp sensor connected, if I worked the throttle with my
hand I got the hesitation.  The Throttle would move about 1/4" then the
RPM's would kick in, just as you discribed. And I can force this to happen
if I missadjust the TVS.  Thanks for the help. I'll let you know what
happens.

Thanks,
Jason Smith
'72 Fastback FI AT