Re: [T3]

On 21 May 2002, at 15:26, izzy_3@hotmail.com wrote:

> I am looking for some help.  I am looking to powder coat my front beam from my
> 66 Square, but the company said they won't do it because of possible problems.
> My questions would be, what should I do with the bearings?  They are in really
> good shape.  Is there a way to get them out of the beam without hurting them?
> Another thing is they will not sand blast the beam because it is pressed steel.
> Is it ok to have the seams welded to keep out the blast media?

I'd reconsider what you are trying to do. I think your PP people are giving you
GOOD advice. You should consider taking it. There are plastic and rubber
parts at the outside ends of the beam. There are also plastic parts inside
which the inner bushing bearings are pressed into. These latter are
irreplacable while the others are only nearly impossible to find replacements
for.