Re: [T3] A new kind of vanity plate

On 21 May 2002, at 15:58, Erkson, Toby wrote:

> This:
> http://www.odot.state.or.us/forms/dmv/7076.pdf
> comes from this link:
> http://www.oregondmv.com/Vehicles/nonprofit_plate.htm
>
> It's a .pdf application for a Group Plate Application for Oregon's DMV.
> Wouldn't it be cool -- oh, the envy we would have! -- if we could set up a
> Type III Club vanity plate?!
>
> California, if they have a similar application, would probably be the only
> state that could actually get this done due to their VW population.  But it sure
> would be so cool if we could do this in as many states as possible (that allow
> it)!  Well, if anybody does this I get credit for the idea! Hmm, wonder if I
> should put a copyright on that idea so VWoA doesn't' try to steal it from me...
> ;)

I can just see The IP lawyers having fits trying to maintain their exclusive
rights to decide who should get such a plate.

BTW, has anyone done a search to see if there are any web sites out there
that might seem to be trampling on other automaker trademarks? Like
www.fordmustang.org, or www.MBSL.org, or...? I wonder if VW is really the
only one doing this, or is it just that it's the only one that we're aware of.