Re: [T3] gen problems with leon att jim

On 22 May 2002, at 4:48, SIR.LANCE . wrote:

> my problems where all my batt
> my lower brush was sparking like crazy as well
> i hooked up an amp meter to my alternator after i hooked it up and found
> that the batt was sucking over 40 amps!!!!

This raises some interesting questions as well. The two brushes are in
series, both carrying the exact same current, so why would high current
alone make just one brush spark. (I'd suggest checking the brush spring and
making sure the brush is free to slide in its holder.)

The VR is supposed to limit current to ~30A. I've never done a check on
them to see how accurate they really are, but 33% over seems a bit extreme.

> no wonder it was blowing up gens and regulators

I agree that this would be hard on both.