[T3] blinkers and headlights?!

<x-flowed>Ok, was just talking with my wife on the phone, and she mentioned that when the headlights are on for a lengthy time (1/2 hour) the blinkers stop blinking...Being the electrical engineer and fairly familar with electrical layouts of cars in general I immediately thought "BS" the circuits arent even related (unless someone has done a hack wiring job in there). Before I actually opened my mouth and said that, I figured I would post here to see if something like this is possible in a 72 square.

If this IS possible what could be the culprit? voltage regulator?

Drake
72 square
63 bug
San Jose, Ca