Re: [T3] blinkers and headlights?!

On 22 May 2002, at 18:59, Mark Healey wrote:

> It, happens to both my 71's.  What also happens is that when I have
> the brakes depressed the radio goes off.  I've checked my regulator,
> replaced the brushes on and cleaned the generators.

I should have added that this behavior is definitely not normal. There IS
something wrong here. My guess is that there is a bad connection
somewhere in the current path from the VR to where the current to the radio
and the brakes split from each other. It could be the ignition switch, or it
could just be a loose push on connection somewhere along the line.

Try wiggling the key the next time this happens to see if this has any effect.

If it's one of the push-on connections, then the connector has probably
gotten hot and lost it's spring temper. You can try to tighten it up carefully,
but chances are you will have to replace it to actually fix it.

Whatever it is, I think it will be obvious once you find it. You may even find
melted plastic nearby from the overheated connection.