Re: New here... and more on Francis...

On 22 May 2002, at 23:16, manifestOH wrote:

> Oh yea, and the "cutting out" question that i'd asked about has
> turned out to be a bad starter/sol which i will replace this weekend with a new
> bosch i got today.

I think you still have some troubleshooting ahead of you. Once the engine is
running, the starter and solenoid have NOTHING to do with engine operation.
I don't see any way that it could make anything "cut out."

Well, maybe if the electrical connections on the back were falling out and
shorting the battery to ground, but that might cause a real meltdown of stuff
back there; a direct short of the starter cable is probably capable of delivering
over 1000 amps for a short period of time. I would expect this to produce lots
of smoke which would make the cause rather obvious.