Re: [T3] gen problems UPDATE

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Jim wrote,
I don't see how you could possibly get that much current (at that voltage)
out of a standard gen at idle. What kind of numbers do you get at something
 like 2000-2500 RPM?
Good gen ?

My engine revs a liittle higher than 1000 rpm during no load idle.
I did not actually measure the RPM but I played the RPM by ear, I can
measure it
and give you the data this weekend.

The voltage out of the generator D+ is much higher than the voltage out of
the regulator. With the red wire disconnected it goes up to 32-34 volts
and with the load I noticed it above 15 volts, I guess that is what the
regulator
is for.

My checks were all done without reving the engine while holding the meter in
one
hand and making sure there was a good connection on the other.

Maybe my meter is inaccurate, looks like those metal/glass Borg-Warner types
for a truck dash and says made in Taiwan. Looks like good quality but it
cost me just
5 dollars in Mexico.

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO