RE: [T3] some splicing advise?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I've used a cheapo lighter for shrink tubing
with good success. It might leave soot, but
the temperature is much lower than propane,
and a bit more controllable. The temp inside
the flame is lower than the tip of the flame.

Sacrifice a section for practice, as different
brands have different thickness and response
to heat. Some can take a lot of heat, others
only a little. Practice, practice, practice.

Jeff '67 Sqbk