Re: [T3] Parking lights, blinkers and flashers

<x-flowed>>direct to one of the connectors of the dual bulb) to the LED, it should
serve both purposes. You need to connect the diodes so that their cathodes
are joined together , their anodes to the connectors at the end of the bulb
holder. Connect the joined cathodes to the anode of the LED via a current
limiting resistor. Connect the cathode of the LED to the the chassis (the
'body' connection of the bulb holder). You will have to calculate the

Unfortunately I dont think thats going to work either (If I understand what you were getting at correctly). The diodes will solve the problem with the parallel ciruit of the parking lamps, and brake lamps. The correct blinker will light up, not both. But if the parking lights are on or the brake lights are on, then the lamps (LED's) will already be receiving a supply from that curcuit, that will negate any blinker action. The lamps will recieve 12V via the brake light circuit, putting 12V from a parallel source will have a net effect of zero. You would get 12V from the brake lights circuit, then when the blinker circuit engages, two parallel paths, you now just get 6V from each line.

As Toby said, you are going to save yourself many headaches if you can get dual acting LED's. There are dual color LED's it would be possible to get a red/yellow one for use in the rear. Use that for the tail lights/blinkers, then use a second (brighter) red LED for the brake lights. For the front if you can live without parking lights, then you can just replace the bulb with an LED in the blinker circuit.

What you need is a way to disconnect any power comming into the lamp (other than the blinker source) that you want to blink. IF the turn signal switch is the same as the one in my bug (sorry for the T1 reference ;p) which I have looked at the wiring schematics for, then its just a, single pole, three position switch. I can think of a couple ways to accomplish what you want, but you are getting into some severe headache zone here.

One way is to remove the blinker relay from before the turn signal switch. You then need to install two blinker relays after the switch. Then you can connect a relay (or transistor, with proper bias) that would disconnect power to that lamp for the parking light or brake light circuit. Even with this you are going to need two LED's or a dual circuit one in the rear to take care of the tail light/brake light issue.

Drake