Re: [T3] The Notch and its Carbs...

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Hmm.. the difference would be the internal linkage IN the choke.  I
remember not being able to kick down the high idle on my 67 until it was
running for several minutes... but that was many years ago.

I know what you mean but my '67 looks the same internally to me as the
carbs. that were on my '65 Type 34.  The chokes turn a little plate that
moves the stop plate down the notched fast idle cam inside there.

Both my '65 and '67 kicked down as the chokes warmed up, not from anything
else (at idle).  When I first got my '67, the left choke stuck on high idle
sometimes because the choke was worn out and didn't always turn all the way,
even when hot.

Yes, the choke plate and fast idle cam move when the vacuum increases but
they should return to rest when the pedal is released, assuming the engine
is still cold.

Is the linkage set wrong?  That would screw up everything.  My '65 had the
linkage all screwed up by the PO, after I adjusted it all per my shop
manual, it worked as expected.

Everett
everettb@thesamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com