Re: [T3] The Notch and its Carbs...

<x-charset iso-8859-1>My gap is there... and there IS fast idle... so long as I dont hit the
throttle after I start it..  problem is I usually have to feather it to keep
it running and then... oops! fast idle kicks off.  That gasket is still
there but is much too short to seal properly... this may explain the poor
operation of the choke pull off assy... Ill have to see if I can come up
with something better to seal the spring housing with.

Keith

> hello.
>        often not done correctly is the cold choke setting with the engine
> cold air filter removed open the throttle fully so the fast idle cam comes
> into play now take a 1mm feeler and check the gap between the idle screw
and
> check the gap.
>

>           ensure that the circular gasket is in good condition that mates
> the choke up with its housing as there is a vacume supposed to be felt
> within !!!

</x-charset>