Re: [T3] nos FI harness on ebay

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Part number is 311-906-102a, and my engine number is U0439852 ...

That's just the part number of the cap - for terminal pin housing, 2-pin.
There's 6 like that on there (it says here!).
Your engine number looks fine for the chasis number.  You can get a good
idea interpolating the numbers for chassis and engine on my website.  A
month by month figure does exist somewhere, but not on my site (yet).

Could it be the missing cover is the reason it's still unused?  I've not
played with my FI for so long I've forgotten the problem this might pose.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------