[T3] Help, my square died on me this weekend... (long)

   Well not really died, but close enough to keep me from driving it.
It will idle (somewhat erratically, maybe 50 rpm fluctuation, which was
not there before), but when driving the engine just "dies", no other way
I can put it.  When the throttle is opened, it "bogs" and then dies.
This happens at moderate throttle (but doesn't do it for about, lets
say, minute of driving at a near constant speed).  But this does not
happen in the transition from idle to mid throttle, but just after mid
throttle is reached and held there.  So, after it dies it acts like it
isn't getting fuel, even though there is plenty, usually when it does
fire it belches a bit of white smoke.  I haven't experienced this
problem before with any car, so it is really hard for me to explain.  I
have not had any other issues in the last 3 months (my ownership time).
I am sorry this is so long, but I wanted to get it all out in one
message, to make it easier to help.

Let me run down the specs:
1971 Square
	Correct distributor for engine and year, as per Bentley
	"New" fuel injectors (previous owner bought)
	Manual tranny
	"New" throttle position sender (as I call it)
	Rebuilt fuel pump (recently)

What I have checked so far:
	Operating voltage (mid throttle) = 14.4 volts (at battery)
	Fuel Pressure = 29 PSI (cannot check while cruising at this
time)
	Compression = 3 cyl - 160 approx after 6 compression strokes
			  1 cyl - 135 (was hard to get a good seal with
compression tester)
	checked fuel injector spray pattern: very nice conical shape,
looked 		to me like it was putting out enough fuel (I couldn't
really 		measure, using old baby food jars)
	new points, new condenser, cap, rotor, adjusted dwell to correct
number, timed based on Bentley (0 deg)
	verified spark plug gap = NOTE: all plugs are a powdery black,
and 		pretty well covered
	* tried 3 pressure senders (all worked when engine ran good),
but all 		had exact same issues now, all hold vacuum and
tested correct 		resistance based on Bentley
	Verified temp senders - cyl head was at 1500 ohms before running
(warm 		day here), and about 800 when hot (no specs that I could
find 		for temp sender in Bentley for warmed up engine), I
checked and 		throttle temp sender reported the resistance in
Bentley (forgot 		reading off top of head)
	Valves were adjusted COLD (24 hr wait) - to .006, does anybody
know 		what gap should be, approx., when warm?, I just want to
make 		sure they are not binding warm
	Changed fuel filter (correct boxy kind)
	Verified spark at end of each plug wire with its corresponding
plug 		attached and got a good bluish spark (sometimes multiple
large 		sparks), but consistent, no miss-fires

Also, I verified the wiring harness connections and measured resistance,
and no "appreciable" resistance was found (mainly in the 3 ohm or less
range).  I am at wits end, this was my daily driver until this weekend
:(.  Anybody got any ideas, I am open to suggestions.  I even tried a
spare computer and it didn't change a thing.  If I cannot nail this
down, I have two other choices: dual carbs (got all the accessories
needed, even the mechanical fuel pump), and also a Webber 2 bbl (which
is what was on it when I bought it, but I didn't waste the time trying
to get it to run, since I didn't have a lick of specs on it).

P.S.  if you were following, I was testing the fuel pressure for this
problem and that is why I was asking about the pressure drop when off,
thank you all for the good input for that.