From: Concentric (Jason M) [mailto:jason@concentricrotation.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 6:43 PM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] Engine size advice

Well, after finally finishing my 1969 Westfalia restoration, I'm embarking
on restoring a 1970 squareback (converted from FI to dual carbs) for my
wife, and a 1969 sunroof square for myself.    I think I'm going to stick
with a 1641 for the 70 (maybe get a little bigger carb set-up), but I'm
planning on souping up the '69 pretty radically, if I can.     I've heard
that 1776 is the biggest that you're supposed to run engines in a type 3,
due to heat build-up, but I wanted to poll the list to see what people
thought about this, or if you have alternate solutions...     I've heard
Type 4 power can be used pretty "easily"...

Thanks,

Jason

</x-charset>