Re: [T3] Bad Vibrations

On 29 Mar 2002, at 19:04, Walter D. Beaumont wrote:

> My 70 Squareback is starting to have some vibration and increased road noise
> above 55 mph.  In the morning when the car is cold and I'm taking off I hear
> a clicking noise from the rear.  Could this be a CV joint that is causing
> the vibration and clicking noise?

The clicking certainly could be a CV joint, but I don't usually associate
increased road noise with a failing CV joint. I'd go under the car and check
the CV boots and bolts just to make sure everything is tight. Then grab each
axle and move it vigorously axially. This may show up some problem, and
can also move the joints and grease around and often do some good.