[T3] carbs question

G'day all.

I feel dumb.  as per usual, I'm at a loss, and find no help in any of the
manuals.
So here's my simpleton-newbie-type question, relating to my wife's 69 square,
AT,  stock-appearing dual Solex's (converted by PO)...
I notice that, when peering down the carburetor throats, the 2 don't look the
same.
The lefthand one has 2 metal tubes that angle down into the throat, one of
which gives a visible squirt of fuel when you push the throttle down.  The
righthand one has only one tube - and no visible squirt.
LH carb is fitted with an electric bypass/pilot jet cutoff thingy, connected
to the coil.  RH one is not thus equipped.
Are these 2 features at all related?  Is it an asymmetrical design, a
hapahazard carb conversion, or has the car swallowed a couple inches of brass
tubing?
If the last, what am I up against?
It was running... I only noticed the difference when I took the air cleaner
off for cleaning/oil change.  But now I'm hesitant to even try to start it,
for fear there's a chunk of metal bouncing around in there somewhere.

any words of advice, encouragement, or admonishment are most welcome.

--timmy
'72 square
'69 square
Jax, FL