RE: [T3] Part Price Ponderance

> this brings up a good question, I think. Has anyone ever made a list of
> parts you should have as back up. The ones that wear out and might be
harder
> to find as time goes on. A prospective personal parts store of sorts. Vs.
> waiting til something wears out and doing the search here, there and
> everywhere thing.

Let's see what experience has taught me....
1. Bring fuel line.
At least I have the camper backseat, but it was cold with no sleeping bag.
2. Bring a sleeping bag.
3. generator brushes.
4. should have learned the first time to bring a sleeping bag.
5. Fuses.
6. Points.  And never let a F350 give you a jump.  Toasted my electronic
points, but it took me 2 hours to figure that out.
7. Fuel pump stand - and why are these made out of plastic?  At least I had
RTV silicone to patch the hole that formed in the base.
8. Flashlight's are useful too.

Now my trunk is a full service garage when I go on a road trip.  Floor jack,
assorted tools, an extra carb, fuel line, filters, oil, jack stands (don't
be foolish just cause your on the road), generator brushes, fuses, various
gaskets, accelerator cable, and who knows what else... if it's something
small it usually ends up in the trunk, just in case.

D e r e k  F l e n n i k e n
And he turned two 71 square's into one. Does that make me the anti-christ?
San Francisco, CA
derek@enth.net