Re: [T3] Tow hitches

<x-charset iso-8859-1>EverettB=> "Westfalia Type 3 tow hitch with
=> the electrical hookups" for sale.  Does
=> anyone know anything about these?

I have one designed for the Typ3 Ghia (not in usable shape yet), and they
were available for all 3s. It's a heavy steel tube, contoured to the body,
with reinforced brackets and a welded ball & stem. It's designed to bolt up
in place of the rear bumper brackets, and the bumper then bolts up to the
hitch instead for a very clean install. I wouldn't expect it to pull a lot
of weight, as you're relying entirely on the body sheet metal, but say for a
small popup camper or clamshell it's fine.

Let us know if you get it -- mine's missing the electrical stuff and I'd
like to see how it's supposed to be done.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 KG1600

</x-charset>