Re: [T3] VWoA against the niches, was: Volkswagen Enthusiast Program(VW 1)311

On 27 Mar 2002, at 19:02, Sean Hogston wrote:

> From what ive seen: In the case of a domain nae it will matter where it was
> registered. If like you said the site is hosted in Romania, but they
> registered a domain name with a registar in the US, then if they win VWoA
> could have the ownership changed to them since the domain name was under US
> control. However if it was hosted and registered in a country that didnt give
> a damn about US laws, then there would be nothing they could do.

I think there is only one registering body. It has to be international so that
anyone can apply and so that we don't get duplicate URLs. So the only thing
it comes down to is where it is hosted, and where the business is whose
web site it is.

In other words I can't set up a business here in Wisconsin called VW Parts,
Inc, and expect to get any help from the fact that my web site is hosted in
Romania. My web site might be safe, but my business would be toast.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054