RE: [T3] shift bushing

On 26 Mar 2002, at 21:20, nathan howell wrote:

> >Yes, you have to take the shift rod almost all the way out. It's a LOT
> of >work for such a little part!
>
> So I don't have to take the nose panel off? I can just slide it forward
> to the shifter whole?

No, you have to remove the rectangular access panel at the front of the
tunnel, the spare tire well, AND the round cover from just below and behind
the bumper. Then disconnect the coupling at the nose of the transmission
and slide the rod out the front.

While you don't have to remove the rod completely, you DO have to do ALL
the work necessary to pull it all the way out and you might as well do so
once you're that far along.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org