[T3] shift bushing

I am trying to change out the shift bushing by the shifter, I got the
circlip off, but how do you change out the bushing? do you have to
remove the whole shift rod? or at least un screw it from the tranny and
then slid it forward to the shifter whole and then slip the bushing on.
bently was not a lot of help 'replace as necessary, especially the
bushing on the shift plate'. thanks

nathan

1970
fastback