Re: [T3] generator/regulator woes

On 26 Mar 2002, at 11:32, Jeff Vier wrote:

> I changed the regulator out with one from a 1969 Bug (I converted to an
> alternator to feed my stereo) - they appeared to be exactly the same
> ('cept the square's was a lot dirtier).  This didn't help, either.

First, I think you've probably proven that the generator was not the problem.
So now you need to put the type3 generator back, because it has cooling
holes which the beetle generator doesn't, and it will overheat once you get it
working.

I'm sending you my charging system FAQ so you can figure out what your
problem really is.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org