[T3] clock

<x-charset windows-1255>Hi all,

Just got a really nice clock for my Type 34. As far as I know the workings
are the same as a regular Type 3 clock, but the outside is different.

I tried to test it by connecting to a battery. On being connected for the
first time, it "clunked", which I believe means it was winding itself up,
then ticked a bit, then died. It now appears to be dead.

I have read the previous posts on clock repair and it seems that the main
problems are a solder-fuse burning out, or dirt in the works. I suppose
either of the two could be my problem.

Is this the kind of thing that I should attempt, or do I stand a really good
chance of screwing it up? These Type 34 clocks are not exactly easy to find
so I don't want to do irreparable damage to it. I do have a junk one I could
practice on.

Regards,

Daniel Baum

</x-charset>