RE: [T3] Leaks, I know this has been covered...

Hey Norman,
Just to make sure that i am clear. The seal itself is probably ok
assuming it is there. The issue is..is there rust through behind the
fresh air box? You can only see this if you remove the fresh air box.
You don't have to remove any of the wiper stuff to get the box out of
there. You will have to remove the glove box as well as the cables that
control the fresh air flaps. Be sure to use all of the bolts that hold
the trunk release handle to the glove box when you put everything back
together. The pain of the whole job is the fresh air flaps control
cables, especially putting them back together. I would remove your seats
because you will be spending a lot of time on your back and it makes
things more pleasant. Just take your time put on some mellow music and
read the Bentley manual on this task. If you want when i get home i have
pictures of when i had to address a small pinhole of rust through next
to where the box seals to the underside of the fresh air intake cowl.
hope that helps,
jesse
71 fi squareback with no leaks

Norman wrote:
I've been told there is no seal around the fresh air box but recent
posts indicate there is one.
Is it easy to get and replace?