From: shirleyclan [mailto:shirleyclan@cox.net]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 11:05 AM
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] VWoA: my thoughts

> I believe VWoA is trying disconnect itself from the aircooled
> crowd. They want the VOLKSWAGEN name to be unassciocated with
> with type 1 2 3, and instead Jetta or "New Beatle". sigh... such sad
> sad times we live in.

I think Ken may be on the right track, VWoA may have looked at the
air-cooled enthusiast community and discovered $$$$$ signs. Now they are
positioning themselves to recapitalize the VW name or in simpler terms
corner the market on air-cooled VW specific parts. Sounds far fetched but VW
isn't really doing well in the financial statement bottom line. Additionally
if they wanted to distance themselves from the type 1,2 and 3 cars, why do
they use them in VW AD's. Just a thought.

</x-charset>