Re: [T3] Starter Motor

On 22 Mar 2002, at 16:49, Simon Glen wrote:

> the Type2 with Type4 motor, which is very common, has a very different
> starter motor.

This statement surprised me, so I decided to check it out.

Up thru 76 all the 12V VWs used one of 2 starters, but starting in 77, the MT
buses (only) got a different starter. This is for US VWs.  I suppose things
might have been different elsewhere, but that would surprise me in this case.

Does anyone know what was special about the later MT bus starter? My
guess is that it just had a bit more power.