Re: [T3] VWoA

<x-flowed>
	There seem to be a couple of categories of response that VWoA has had.

	There are some cases (documented on the Web as official court
documentation -- with the same lawyer's name as the e-mail I received
this week) where VWoA went after profiteering folks hard and fast --
like some domain names that went up on the auction block that had
'vw' in them.  In these documents, it is indicated that the VWoA
lawyers attempted to contact the registrants by all phone, fax, and
postal mail contacts associated with the registration.

	Then there are the folks who've gotten the "give up the
domain name in 10 days or we'll go after you in court"... like
classicvw.com, who got a 10-day warning in April 2001... but their
site is still up; it seems that VWoA hasn't made good on their "10
days or else" threat.  If I had to make a guess, I would think that
the 'bug stop' folks are in this category.

	The e-mail I received this week is very different -- it talks
about working with enthusiasts, but the nature of the relationship
they propose is undisclosed.

	Meanwhile, of possible related interest, a news item on /.
this week references a U.S. federal appeals court ruling that
indicates that legal documents can be served by e-mail:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/21/2049229&mode=thread

-Greg