Re: [T3] Seat Belts

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> You're right of course. I just don't want people to get the idea that 66
type 3s
> all came with shoulder belts only. I was under the impression that this
> arrangement was quite unsafe, so I'm surprised that there was any market
> that insisted on, or even allowed, it.
> .

Oddly we had diagonal-only 'Swedish' belts fitted in my father's 64 Variant
when new.  They had great chunks of metal that clipped onto a hoop between
the seats and were stored on the door pillars - about half a pound of metal
at head height as you got in, lightly clipped in place.  Not what you would
call safe really.
Then in use you would throttle yourself or break your neck if your lower
body went forwards.  Stupid design.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/