Re: [T3] Rain...

On 20 Mar 2002, at 22:19, Mike Wodkowski wrote:

> Boy do we need it here. Boy do I nevertheless wish I could get my leak
> problem worked out right. Fortunately, I'm getting closer. Blew some blue
> chalk up under the dash on the RH passenger side to try to find a leak
> source and VOILA! theres this funny little cone-shaped nubbin thing that's
> the source of one of my leaks. What is that thing? What's it for? Its under
> the dash toward the fender, right of the glove box. Methinks its a seal that
> isnt sealing....

Nice trick!

Is the cone where there used to be a pull handle to release the gas filler flap?

I have replacement rubber seals for around the wiper shafts. The parts are
cheap, but they are a lot of work to install, you get to take almost everything
out from under the dash. If you do this, you should take the shafts apart and
grease the shafts themselves while they're out.